This is a heads up regarding signups for the second half of curling. You probably know that some leagues fill up quickly so be sure to sign up early. We may create more draws in order to satisfy more curlers, dependent upon interest. Please note there are some other changes:
· The online signup will go live at 5 PM, Friday, January 4. Cutoff will be Tuesday, January 8 to give the committee time to do its work.
· If there are a lot of signups, we will go to 2 draws on Sunday and Monday nights at 6:15 and 8:30. If we don’t get enough interest to substantially fill two draws, we will continue with one as we are now, and will create a cutoff based upon time of signup.
· For the Thursday 4 PM women’s league, if we don’t get enough signups, you will be contacted and given an opportunity to move to the evening league.
· In order to diversify experience, the committee will select skips. So current skips should sign up like everyone else. Skips and skips rankings will be e mailed on Jan. 11.
· Skips will select their teams on Tuesday, January 15 at 5 PM for men’s and women’s and 5:30 PM for all other leagues.
· Second half league play starts Sunday, January 20.
· We welcome each and every new curler from the fall Introduction to Curling.
· Please contact John McCarthy with any questions.
Leagues being offered this session
· Sunday night open - 6:15 (and 8:30 if enough sign up - decision by curling committee)
· Monday 4 PM open – limited to 28 curlers
· Monday night open – 6:15 (and 8:30 if enough sign up - decision by curling committee)
· Tuesday night men’s – 6:15 and 8:30
· Wednesday 4 PM open – limited to 28 curlers
· Wednesday competitive – 6:15 and 8:30 limited to 14 teams
· Thursday afternoon women’s – 4 PM limited to 28 curlers
· Thursday night – time to be determined based on sign ups